Trump Orders FEMA To Cut Off Aid For California Wildfires

Auntie Elaine
1/9/2019 3:21 pm EST
1/9/2019 8:21 pm GMT

Jan 9, 2019
The president said the fire-ravaged state will receive no more money until "they get their act together".
Read More

Don't know if this is a real policy change or just a twitter snit, but the title of this article should be "Trump Punishes California and Threatens Lives by Withholding Emergency Aid Because Somebody in CA Called Him a Poopyhead".

Well medicated for your protection. ॐ ♡

Walter Kovacs
1/9/2019 3:34 pm EST
1/9/2019 8:34 pm GMT

RE: Trump Orders FEMA To Cut Off Aid For California Wildfires

I agree Elaine. This is some typical crap when it comes to Trump. Now he's going to piss off fire families in crisis and fire fighters. He even cut funds to Berkley students as well after the Milo incident. Doubt seriously he'll even get through building 1/2 of that wall and in the meantime people are just handing him money for his fake projects so he can line his pockets some more. People are fools if they think he's a great leader that cares about us. So deluded!

Anonymous Coward
1/9/2019 4:11 pm EST
1/9/2019 9:11 pm GMT

60% of forested land in the state of California (and more like 75% of all public land in the state, forested or not), is owned by the federal government (USFS & BLM). There are wildland fire management requirements and regimes on all federal land and adjacent areas, whether it's forested or not.

Only 3% of the 33 million acres of forested lands in California are owned/managed by the state department of forestry (CALFIRE).

Of the remaining non-agency forested land in CA, 5 million acres are owned by timber companies, and 9.3 million acres are owned by individuals/families (90% of which is in 50 acre or smaller parcels).

All of that info is from the state's annual public land inventory.

Per Trump's tweet: Saying "billions" from FEMA have gone to CA is objectively false. FEMA's monthly DRF fiscal report to Congress confirms only $444 million were allocated to 2018 CA wildfire relief. Furthermore, those funds have absolutely nothing to do with forestland fire management, they're allocated to public infrastructure, municipal disaster recovery, and qualifying survivor relief.

And to put a cherry on top of all that: The USFS - Trump's federal agency tasked with the largest (by far) forest and wildfire management job in California - had its Wildland Fire Management funding slashed by $938 million last year, bringing their annual budget down to $4.73 billion, and that's not their budget for CA alone, that's their budget to manage 193,000,000 acres across the United States (an area twice the size of the entire state of California).

That is just his excuse to cut money going to a state that opposes him. Since California is a net donor state they should withhold federal tax receipts. Without the "liberal" coasts the red states would fall into economic ruin.

Anonymous Coward
1/9/2019 4:43 pm EST
1/9/2019 9:43 pm GMT

Elaine,
you should pin this. This is a really good thread. That news is really effecting a lot of troubled families right now.

Anonymous Coward
1/10/2019 8:51 am EST
1/10/2019 1:51 pm GMT

I love seeing that the pos potus acts like the only real Americans are his brainwashed base. I honestly grew up respecting the office of the presidency, no matter what party was in office. I always felt like the presidents mostly had good intentions, loved America, and tried to unify when the shit hit the fan.

Then this ignorant monster came around. Does nothing but lie and divide. He really doesn't give a flying fuck about ANYONE who doesn't vote for him. He's the president of only his base, not the majority of America. He's a goddamn disgrace and I'm ashamed he is supposed to be representing the Country I love.

As a side note - the Cali areas affected by wildfire are conservative strongholds. Trump is an idiot.

Anonymous Coward
1/10/2019 9:13 am EST
1/10/2019 2:13 pm GMT

H's just mad at Nancy.
smiley

katya
1/10/2019 1:51 pm EST
1/10/2019 6:51 pm GMT

I'm ashamed he is supposed to be representing the Country I love.

The country you love? That's a good one-- you mean the one you want to change into a festering shithole?
Pocahontas still would not be proud of her as her representative.

smiley

Anonymous Coward
1/10/2019 2:22 pm EST
1/10/2019 7:22 pm GMT

^^Triggered stupid Trumptard. LOL!!!
smiley

Anonymous Coward
1/10/2019 2:24 pm EST
1/10/2019 7:24 pm GMT

Trump is a fucking ass

Anonymous Coward
1/10/2019 2:48 pm EST
1/10/2019 7:48 pm GMT

Like Trump, you are a vortex of stupidity Katya. I remember during the GWB years the many times I heard "if you're not supporting our President, you're not American" and other phrases like it. So, fuck you, it no longer carries the same weight.

Every thing he is saying and tweeting are manufactured crises meant to distract from the crimes and collusion of this administration. The Mueller investigation and the current Manafort disclosures are freaking him out. I imagine this will only worsen when Jr. is indicted.

By law he cannot act to "delay or impede" disaster relief once a federal emergency or disaster declaration has been made.

Anonymous Coward
1/10/2019 3:04 pm EST
1/10/2019 8:04 pm GMT

Like Trump, you are a vortex of stupidity Katya

They crossed the Event Horizon of Idiocy long ago. Republicans will burn the entire country down before they admit they're wrong and move on like adults. That is 100% the truth. No honor, no honesty, no ethics to be seen.

Anonymous Coward
1/11/2019 10:56 am EST
1/11/2019 3:56 pm GMT

Trump's plan would reportedly commandeer $13.9 billion from the Army Corps of Engineers budget. About $2.5 billion would be siphoned from Puerto Rico, which is still in the midst of reconstruction efforts following the disastrous Hurricane Maria. And $2.4 billion would be funneled from California, which just endured the most destructive wildfire in the state's history.

He'd allow his own citizens to suffer so he can have a political win with a wall that most people don't want.

Vote for a clown - get a circus

Anonymous Coward
1/11/2019 11:13 am EST
1/11/2019 4:13 pm GMT

I'm starting to think our government is collapsing. I know that's hyperbolic but, the GOP have completely abandoned their responsibility to administer the government. They haven't abandoned it in a small way like they normally do by filibustering judges or blocking minor legislation.
They've abandoned it in the sense that they have completely rejected their core duties. It's not collapsing in the sense that it will be totally gone, but even before the shutdown it was functioning less and less. The damage they are doing to our country just keeps mounting and mounting. The GOP is trying, very hard, to turn America into a failure.

Anonymous Coward
1/11/2019 11:59 am EST
1/11/2019 4:59 pm GMT

I think this shutdown has been planned as a contingency at least since they passed the DOD funding early. He wanted the govt shutdown except for the military. With various agencies gutted, it's pretty much just him running the show as CiC.

He's never considered the military worthy, his actions as a young man show us this. The fact that he put troops on the wall for Thanksgiving, have continued the shut down while Coast Guard members are not being paid, his lack of how the military works all point to a common denominator. He doesn't value our military forces.

This abuse of power has been in the works for some time.

Anonymous Coward
1/11/2019 1:55 pm EST
1/11/2019 6:55 pm GMT

He doesn't value our military forces.

I have to take issue with that comment because he's got the magic R next to his name and he puts his hand on his heart for at least 60% of the National Anthem and remembers at least 10% of the words! He also knows at least 1/3rd of the colors on the American flag. He must love the military!
smiley

Anonymous Coward
1/12/2019 12:44 am EST
1/12/2019 5:44 am GMT

It's a waste of money to give it to gavin..
Dude is corrupt.

Anonymous Coward
1/16/2019 1:24 pm EST
1/16/2019 6:24 pm GMT

Let me leave this silly note of possibility.
I can't help it...It's the conspiracy in me.

We sure have had a lot of fires and subjects blamed.
Have the dew guys.
Quite possible with Sac area a 5G test site.
Narrow beam micro wave satellites being sent upstairs.

Maybe weather wars...All those weather manipulation sites and no investigation on when any are being used where.

Then there is my best guess for the last fire in Paradise.
They recently came out with a story about the grid being hacked.
For quite some time it now has been confirmed.
They blame a pulse through the wire as causing this latest fire.
Some test routine a utility can use to test a section of local grid power lines.
What if I changed parameters of the pulse?
Well I am a bad guy testing what I could do in the coming wars.

This may well how I would test it..
So many excuses to lay blame for the masses.

Back to Beans.

Forum

Browse

Paypal

Solar & Geomagnetic
Conditions
status
kpstatus

CURRENT MOON

ADVERTISEMENT

Kali Yantra