Page 1, 2

Trump: 'We will open fire on the immigrant caravan if they throw stones"

Elaine
11/1/2018 11:37 pm EST
11/2/2018 4:37 am GMT

Nov 2, 2018
President Donald Trump issued a dire warning to would-be immigrants making their way toward the US, warning that thousands of US troops being sent to the border would return fire if caravan members throw rocks at them.
Read More

your thoughts?

Well medicated for your protection. ॐ ♡

Joshua Flynn
11/1/2018 11:55 pm EST
11/2/2018 4:55 am GMT

RE: Trump: 'We will open fire on the immigrant caravan if they throw stones"

I see he's been to the israeli-palestinian school of diplomacy.

However, the term "fire" here is ambiguous, because most people will assume bullets. I would anticipate tear gas, rubber bullets, so-called "non-lethal" shit. I'm mildly disappointed he'd say something that could be so easily miscontrued (I think it's already implied law enforcement will deal with the matter).

Although, I don't think it's cool if the immigrants hurl stones, either: "We love your country, and we'll show our gratitude by hurling stones at your police officers". Niiice, real friendly gesture.

Personally speaking, this is Trump's low-scale 'Cuba missile crisis' type moment, a test to see if he's got real leadership abilities. Depending on his handling, it could affect the mid-terms adversely.

Democrats are keeping silent, I bet no matter what choice he makes they'll berate it, but if they were truly competent they'd have their own solutions on the table.

Normally, I'd write up advice on TCL, I've got two strats in mind, but I'm keeping quiet, I want to see how this goes without any input.

Elaine
11/2/2018 12:01 am EST
11/2/2018 5:01 am GMT

It's very clear that he means bullets, dude.

Joshua Flynn
11/2/2018 12:16 am EST
11/2/2018 5:16 am GMT

It's very clear that he means bullets, dude.

He hasn't stated bullets in his quote, so I doubt that. One thing I've learned from Trump's statements is he starts out with a statement that seems concrete, but is actually pretty vague if you remove all political subtext (people *want* him to be violent, so they imagine bullets).

I can't see him being so politically blind as to be advocating gunfire for stones.

And now lieutenants are forced to tell their troops, pay no attention to the commander in chief

You're aware this doesn't mean bullets, right? Law enforcement has a variety of tactics besides 'firing things' at people - water cannons, riot shields with containment policies, barracades, pepper spray, batons, heck, if you want to go high-tech, LRAD and noise cannons. Also the possibility of police dogs being deployed.

From the 'non-lethal' firing perspective you've got tazers, rubber bullets and tear gas.

So from a policing perspective 'firing' is very last resort, which is why unarmed civilians being shot with guns is always so outrageous.

You're free to believe it's bullets, but I don't see that in the quote, and I don't try to interpret a person's words beyond exactly what they say. If anything, I'm more suspicious of the statement because it's so obviously wrong, it looks like a bait and switch to me, but that's a trap for the media to fall into, and thus isn't my concern.

Only way to know what he intends is by what results.

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 8:49 am EST
11/2/2018 1:49 pm GMT

Cspan - Pres. Trump on using fire power at border: "I hope not. I hope there won't be that. But I will tell you this, anybody throwing stones, rocks like they did to Mexico…we will consider that a firearm. Because there's not much
difference when you get hit in the face with a rock."

There's plenty of difference between a rock and a bullet. I suppose Trump supporters are OK with automatic weapons bans now since rocks are a fine replacement. You can resist governmental or foreign tyranny no problem with a sock and some gravel, apparently.

They're not going to show up at some random border crossing and try to overrun it, as so many of the rightwing media would have you think.

They're going to show up at a major crossing point with a huge CBP presence like El Paso or Tijuana and wait for the border agents to process them for asylum.

It's exactly what the last caravan of people did in the spring. They didn't all bumrush some remote border area.

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 8:58 am EST
11/2/2018 1:58 pm GMT

Donald Trump said:

Anybody throwing stones, rocks, like they did to Mexico and the Mexican military, Mexican police - where they badly hurt police and soldiers of Mexico - we will consider that a firearm...

They want to throw rocks at our military? Our military fights back. We're going to consider it - I told them, "Consider it a rifle." When they throw rocks like they did at the Mexico military and police, I say, "Consider it a rifle".'

Trump considers a thrown rock is the same as a firearm/rifle and threatens to return fire, presumably with firearms and rifles.

Cocaine Mitch
11/2/2018 9:52 am EST
11/2/2018 2:52 pm GMT

It's persuasive rhetoric to the boomer demographic.

The caravan is mid-term gold. If you look at early voting numbers in most key states the Republicans are outperforming the democrats compared to 2016 "bigly".

There will be no blue wave. Republicans hold the Senate and possibly gain 4-5 seats.

If they lose the House it will be by a slim margin and it's a good thing for Trump because Pelosi will be Majority Leader and she's growing more deranged by the day.

Trump will spend two years trolling her into oblivion.

Not to mention Maxine Waters policing the financial sector.

It will be a disaster for the Dems. 2020 landslide victory for Trump.

LIBS BTFO

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 10:12 am EST
11/2/2018 3:12 pm GMT

People like Cocaine Mitch are praying they won't lose. Good luck with that, because consequences ...

Cocaine Mitch
11/2/2018 10:22 am EST
11/2/2018 3:22 pm GMT

People like Cocaine Mitch are praying they won't lose. Good luck with that, because consequences ...

Keep wishing someone is going to punish me because it's definitely not going to be you.

There aren't going to be any consequences because your side is incapable of winning anything of substance.

History proves it. Look what you did in 2008. Instead of Hillary you chose the novice buffoon who had good posture. Look at him now. Horrible posture. Touching his nose repeatedly. Sunken eyes.

Consequences. Heh.
LIBS BTFO

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 10:26 am EST
11/2/2018 3:26 pm GMT

LOL! Deny it all you want, you know what he meant!
He'll probably start trying that everywhere else, and not just at the border.

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 10:36 am EST
11/2/2018 3:36 pm GMT

ANYONE in the military firing upon rock throwers should be branded as a cowardly pussy and spat upon when he gets home. Just sayin'.

(What the Coward-in-Chief says is irrelevant since he in a cowardly pussy also.)
smiley

katya
11/2/2018 10:45 am EST
11/2/2018 3:45 pm GMT

"(What the Coward-in-Chief says is irrelevant since he in a cowardly pussy also.)"

It is?

He's the President & you're not.

Pocahontas still would not be proud of her as her representative.

smiley

katya
11/2/2018 10:50 am EST
11/2/2018 3:50 pm GMT

My thoughts on the rock throwing & subsequent threat of retaliation are...

Why are they throwing rocks?

Any one caught throwing rocks or setting things on fire should be caught & sent back to where they came from immediately. Oh, and they should be put on a list that identifies their aggressive nature and disallows them from entry ever.

Tough love. Only the civilized that go through proper channels get consideration.

Cocaine Mitch
11/2/2018 10:53 am EST
11/2/2018 3:53 pm GMT

"Deny it all you want. You know what he meant. Herp de durr orange man bad"

Jon Stewart was the first modern man to manipulate the media and make a mockery out of them.

Trump studied this guy. Listen to what Jon says.

LIBS BTFO

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 11:13 am EST
11/2/2018 4:13 pm GMT

If they're capable of throwing rocks across the Rio Grande the NFL would have signed them up as QBs.

Trump is senseless and so is his cult. They believe what ever he says. Fuck these idiots and their stupidity, their problems with logic, science, basic morality and arithmetic.

Cocaine Mitch
11/2/2018 11:23 am EST
11/2/2018 4:23 pm GMT

If they're capable of throwing rocks across the Rio Grande the NFL would have signed them up as QBs.

Trump is senseless and so is his cult. They believe what ever he says. Fuck these idiots and their stupidity, their problems with logic, science, basic morality and arithmetic.

New Mexico, Arizona, and California are still part of the United States, you unhinged mouth-breather.
LIBS BTFO

smiley

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 12:11 pm EST
11/2/2018 5:11 pm GMT

I'm sorry your English isn't nuanced enough to understand I was speaking of the migrant caravanners. You obtuse prick.

Cocaine Mitch
11/2/2018 12:22 pm EST
11/2/2018 5:22 pm GMT

I'm sorry you can't comprehend that the caravan can go the states I mentioned.

You know...the ones that don't have the Rio Grande going through all of their state lines.

You stupid fucking idiot piece of shit.

LIBS BTFO

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 12:24 pm EST
11/2/2018 5:24 pm GMT

STFU LG, you're not fooling anyone.

Cocaine Mitch
11/2/2018 2:05 pm EST
11/2/2018 7:05 pm GMT

STFU LG, you're not fooling anyone.

au contraire, poo bear.

LIBS BTFO

Elaine
11/2/2018 2:42 pm EST
11/2/2018 7:42 pm GMT

LOL! Deny it all you want, you know what he meant!
He'll probably start trying that everywhere else, and not just at the border.

Yes. That's exactly the point.

Once a government seizes power to do a thing, then they will do that thing to simply everybody that they want.

A lot of people tell themselves, "Oh what fun! The Army will shoot those evil miscreants and we get to watch on TV! It has nothing to do with me because I'm an American citizen!"

Then you will find out that some citizens are more equal than others. Then you will tell yourself, "Well, those nasty reporters/gays/brown people/hispanics deserved it. That will never happen to me because I'm white."

then, "That will never happen to me because I am a card carrying republican!" and "That will never happen to me because I'm a christian!"

Then one day, when there is nobody left to speak for you, will come the horrible realization that government doesn't give a fuck about anybody who doesn't have a few billions in assets... and they only care about that if they're trying to get their hands in your pockets.

In fact, governments don't give a fuck about anybody unless they are forced to do so by an act of violence. That's what the American revolution was about.

It wasn't just about booting the Brits out and spanking their bottoms. It was about establishing a constitution to completely restrict government power so they won't be able to shoot people on sight for no reason at all. Your vote represents an act of violence that supports the constitution.

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 3:17 pm EST
11/2/2018 8:17 pm GMT

Republicans only respect the Second Amendment.

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 3:51 pm EST
11/2/2018 8:51 pm GMT

The party that is terrified of everything: Muslim terrorists are going to decimate this country. There's a caravan full of violent gang members (and said Muslim terrorists) about ready to kick our door in. And when they get in they are going to steal your job, and the jobs of everyone you love. The bathrooms you're using? There might be a TRANSGENDERED person in the next stall. Who KNOWS what they are plotting. The gay couple down the street? They're responsible for the destruction of your own relationship. Poor people, the ones with nothing, they're the entitled ones with too much, cut their benefits before our economy crumbles. Can you imagine if everyone had free or at least affordable health care? Our entire society would be destroyed. So above ALL ELSE do not lose your guns. Your gun is the only thing that can ever keep you safe.

But the Left is the party of "snowflakes"? Got it.

katya
11/2/2018 3:54 pm EST
11/2/2018 8:54 pm GMT

smiley

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 4:03 pm EST
11/2/2018 9:03 pm GMT

The party that is terrified of everything: Muslim terrorists are going to decimate this country. There's a caravan full of violent gang members (and said Muslim terrorists) about ready to kick our door in. And when they get in they are going to steal your job, and the jobs of everyone you love. The bathrooms you're using? There might be a TRANSGENDERED person in the next stall. Who KNOWS what they are plotting. The gay couple down the street? They're responsible for the destruction of your own relationship. Poor people, the ones with nothing, they're the entitled ones with too much, cut their benefits before our economy crumbles. Can you imagine if everyone had free or at least affordable health care? Our entire society would be destroyed. So above ALL ELSE do not lose your guns. Your gun is the only thing that can ever keep you safe.

smiley

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 4:08 pm EST
11/2/2018 9:08 pm GMT

I am pretty sure their core value is fear. And fear gives way to hate.

They are abject cowards and bed-wetters.

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 4:09 pm EST
11/2/2018 9:09 pm GMT

"(What the Coward-in-Chief says is irrelevant since he in a cowardly pussy also.)"

It is?

And he got utterly ripped the piss out of on Brittish T.V. for actually saying that himself to someone. (because he actually DID say that in an interview, the giant orange manbaby, the only thing that he didn't do, was blow a raspberry and say 'ner ner no backsies' )
smiley

Cocaine Mitch
11/2/2018 4:33 pm EST
11/2/2018 9:33 pm GMT

I am pretty sure their core value is fear. And fear gives way to hate.

They are abject cowards and bed-wetters.

Not as much as the young men in the caravan waving their country of origins flag. Leaving instead of fighting for it.

But then again you're a problematic hate monger who can't see the forest through the trees.
LIBS BTFO

katya
11/2/2018 4:41 pm EST
11/2/2018 9:41 pm GMT

I know he said that during an interview. Jesus.

Anonymous Coward
11/2/2018 11:10 pm EST
11/3/2018 4:10 am GMT

It bothers me greatly, Dearest Elaine.

The fucking pig of a man.

Sell out biznatchez
11/3/2018 12:00 am EST
11/3/2018 5:00 am GMT

Sticks and stones may break our great republics bones.

I vote to keep em' out. I don't want the mother fuckers in my town. Fuck that!!! How could anybody justify them coming over in an invading horde?

WHO COULD JUSTIFY THAT??????????

Anonymous Coward
11/3/2018 7:35 am EST
11/3/2018 12:35 pm GMT

It's cute how fast this draft dodging chicken hawk is ready to tell the military to shoot to kill. When it was his turn to be a soldier and be told to shoot someone he decided not to show up four times.

Anonymous Coward
11/3/2018 8:37 am EST
11/3/2018 1:37 pm GMT

Imagine being such a fucking failure at life and as a professional that someone who barely speaks our language, wasn't given nearly the same standard of education as we receive in the US, and has no US work experience, can just walk in, and steal your job. God you'd have to be the most worthless human being in America, a complete waste of the resources we spent on you. I'd deport the loser that gets his job taken over the hard working individual that overcame obstacles to better their life and the lives of their families.

Anonymous Coward
11/3/2018 9:15 am EST
11/3/2018 2:15 pm GMT

Even their 'victories' have not brought them any real happiness. No joy, only the mean-spirited elation that accompanies the opportunity to bray they 'owned the libs'. Their conviction that they are perpetual victims has transformed them into malcontents. They are impossible to satisfy, and are only motivated by fear and outrage.

Proud boys leader shoved a dildo up his butt on air to own the libs. Not sure how or why but he did it.
smiley

Anonymous Coward
11/3/2018 9:17 am EST
11/3/2018 2:17 pm GMT

"What the Coward-in-Chief says is irrelevant since he is a cowardly pussy also."

It is?

People did once consider what the POTUS said as relevant and worthy of respect but then Trump got in and devalued the post with his ignorant and vulgar outbursts to the point where it is now just considered to be a comedy show aired daily.

It's cute how fast this draft dodging chicken hawk is ready to tell the military to shoot to kill. When it was his turn to be a soldier and be told to shoot someone he decided not to show up four times.

He allegedly had recurring bonespurs in his foot that miraculously healed themselves when the war was over.

As for his bravery, didn't he once claim that he would tackle a school mass-shooter even he was unarmed? Presumably he would storm in there and take out the perp with a well aimed throw of a KFC chicken drumstick or a frisbee style tosss of a Big Mac.

katya
11/3/2018 10:37 am EST
11/3/2018 3:37 pm GMT

"Imagine being such a fucking failure at life and as a professional that someone who barely speaks our language, wasn't given nearly the same standard of education as we receive in the US, and has no US work experience, can just walk in, and steal your job. God you'd have to be the most worthless human being in America, a complete waste of the resources we spent on you. I'd deport the loser that gets his job taken over the hard working individual that overcame obstacles to better their life and the lives of their families."

That's some pretty twisted logic there, ese.

Page 1, 2

ADVERTISEMENT

Kali Yantra