FDA Recalls Common Heart, Blood Pressure Medications Due to Cancer Risks

Elaine
7/16/2018 6:59 pm EST
7/16/2018 11:59 pm GMT

Jul 16, 2018
The US Food and Drug Administration has announced a voluntary recall of several medicines containing an ingredient used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure.
Read More

It's a good thing I stopped taking this stuff after about 4 weeks. I just had a bad feeling about it.

Well medicated for your protection. ॐ ♡

Joshua Flynn
7/17/2018 9:52 am EST
7/17/2018 2:52 pm GMT

RE: FDA Recalls Common Heart, Blood Pressure Medications Due to Cancer Risks

There are a lot of drugs that cause more harm than good.

Doctors always try to excuse it with the same bullshit: 'symptom control': translation: we're not treating the cause.

Time to don my hypocrisy hat: even the Greeks knew to treat the cause of an illness (not that they ever knew what the actual cause was).

They also had an oath: First, do no harm.

I guess the doctors forgot about the hypocratic oath?

Pharmaceutical companies see no profit in curing an ailment.

People with a depopulation agenda see no reason to save lives.

People with no medical experience don't know any better, and want a 'quick fix' to a problem.

It gets hilarious when doctors use one drug to treat the 'side-effects' (why are they called 'side' when they have a main effect so big it has to be treated?).

I actually have a nickname for this kind of mindless prescribing of drugs: Dr Mario syndrome.

If the ailment doesn't come in the shape of a pill they can just throw, they have absolutely no idea how to treat it.

Heart issues always have the one same free treatment: exercise and good diet. But no-one wants to do that, because it's hard work, and there's no luxury foods to be had in the process.

You'll know when you've got a proper treatment: it's always expensive and time consuming. And classically it will either involve 'exercise' or 'resting', good diet.

If it's cheap, I bet you that you wouldn't notice without it.

(I still meet people who act like paracetamol is a painkiller. Have they actually gauged the difference or do they take it out of mindless habit and placebo does the rest?)

If it makes you laugh Elaine, one company made an 'anti-heart attack' drug that actually increased the risk of heart attack by something like 140 - 157%.

Anonymous Coward
7/17/2018 10:54 am EST
7/17/2018 3:54 pm GMT

RE: FDA Recalls Common Heart, Blood Pressure Medications Due to Cancer Risks

Whew! I'm glad they didnt find a problem with lisinopril, I've been taking it for a few years now.

Forum

Browse

Paypal

Solar & Geomagnetic
Conditions
status
kpstatus

CURRENT MOON

ADVERTISEMENT

Kali Yantra