Border patrol agents are stopping people on highways in New England to check their citizenship

Elaine
6/25/2018 6:37 pm EST
6/25/2018 11:37 pm GMT

Border patrol agents are stopping people on highways in New England to check their citizenship

Jun 25, 2018
Far from ground zero in the Trump administration's crackdown on illegal immigration along the southern border, US Customs and Border Protection checkpoints on highways in Maine and New Hampshire are catching the eye of civil liberties groups.
Read More

Coming soon to a neighborhood near you!

Well medicated for your protection. ॐ ♡

Anonymous Coward
6/26/2018 8:30 am EST
6/26/2018 1:30 pm GMT

RE: Border patrol agents are stopping people on highways in New England to check their citizenship

It is getting a bit like those WWII films where in Germany the Gestapo stop random people and shout "Show me your papers".

Anonymous Coward
6/26/2018 10:47 am EST
6/26/2018 3:47 pm GMT

RE: Border patrol agents are stopping people on highways in New England to check their citizenship

Super Troopers can stop me any time.

Seriously, they do that all the time if you are in the southwest. 80 miles out of El Paso is a border check. It's normal. All they do is ask you what your citizenship is and if you are sketchy then you get pulled aside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-9D2qUHN-E

Anonymous Coward
6/26/2018 10:48 am EST
6/26/2018 3:48 pm GMT

Profiling gets ugly - who would've known a police state was so easy.
smiley

Solo
6/26/2018 1:22 pm EST
6/26/2018 6:22 pm GMT

It is getting a bit like those WWII films where in Germany the Gestapo stop random people and shout "Show me your papers".

Seriously.

These local red light traffic cameras really make me irate too.

Anonymous Coward
6/26/2018 1:53 pm EST
6/26/2018 6:53 pm GMT

smiley

Anonymous Coward
6/26/2018 2:26 pm EST
6/26/2018 7:26 pm GMT

Drug sniffing dogs, road blocks, citizenship papers, boarding buses, going into courthouses, what's next? House to house search, travel restrictions, gas & food rations? This sure did escalate in a curious fashion.

Anonymous Coward
6/28/2018 9:39 am EST
6/28/2018 2:39 pm GMT

What's next?

Support government lies or get a visit from Homeland Security. It's only in an Orwellian reality where "freedom of speech" means that companies and people can throw infinite amounts of money into politics to buy a government they want, but at the same time, that government can intimidate into silence anyone that speaks out against it. One of the cornerstones of fascism is setting up a class of people who are protected by the law, but not bound to it, and one that is bound to the law, but not protected by it. We're the second group.

This Admn. will go to any lengths to achieve corroboration of the lies they are telling the American Public.

He helped craft a statement to the media saying, "Some of them were able to elude us thanks to the mayor's irresponsible decision." He was comfortable with that statement, he said, because it included the words "some of."
"This is a spin statement. This is what every public affairs officer does," Schwab said.
A week later, Attorney General Jeff Sessions' language was noticeably different. He said "ICE failed to make 800 arrests" because of the mayor's statement. Sessions' words didn't sit well with Schwab.
"Completely false...that made me extremely uncomfortable," Schwab said.
When reporters asked him to clarify the discrepancy, Schwab said he was instructed by his superiors in Washington to simply refer to the original statement he drafted without disputing Sessions' version of events.
"After they failed to correct it - it's a flat-out lie. They know it's a lie. It was just shocking to me that no one wanted to fix that," Schwab said.
Troubled by what he saw as public deception, Schwab turned in his resignation.
"I could not fathom staying at an organization that was OK with lying to the American public. I hate that. In 17 years in the military, at the Department of Defense as a civilian, at NASA, and now at Homeland Security, I have never been asked to lie. I have neve rbeen asked to perpetuate a lie, which is the same as lying," Schwab said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-ice-spokesman-james-schwab-opens-up-about-resignation-trump-administration/

There are thousands of imperceivably small steps in between. If the next step is just very slightly worse then the last step, and you didn't stand up to the last step, then you will not stand up to the next step, and they know it.

Anonymous Coward
6/28/2018 10:50 am EST
6/28/2018 3:50 pm GMT

This is getting scary... We all see the parallels right??
smiley

Anonymous Coward
6/28/2018 11:23 am EST
6/28/2018 4:23 pm GMT

This Admn. will go to any lengths to achieve corroboration of the lies they are telling the American Public.

When one's needs to be right outweighs their need to be honest.

We all see the parallels right??

No, you're being hyperbolic - we have a series of checks and balances that ensure it could never happen here and we have a President who uses diplomatic language and a measured response to any criticism. I mean if he had bad intentions he wouldn't openly praise dictators, express interest in giving President for life a go, or use inflammatory language about minorities to rile up his base of good people would he?

Would he?

Forum

Browse

Paypal

Solar & Geomagnetic
Conditions
status
kpstatus

CURRENT MOON

ADVERTISEMENT

Kali Yantra