White House announces plan to merge Education and Labor departments

Elaine
6/21/2018 3:19 pm EST
6/21/2018 8:19 pm GMT

Jun 21, 2018
The White House announced a plan on Thursday to combine the Education and Labor departments to form the Department of Education and the Workforce.
Read More

Now. What effect could this have?

Well medicated for your protection. ॐ ♡

smiley

Anonymous Coward
6/22/2018 10:51 am EST
6/22/2018 3:51 pm GMT

RE: White House announces plan to merge Education and Labor departments

GREAT IDEA! Put two of the worse leaders together to form a department without proper resources, no expectation for success- What can go wrong? The real motivation is to destroy public education so the private entities will get richer and give the swamp more money to enable their desires.
smiley

Anonymous Coward
6/22/2018 11:20 am EST
6/22/2018 4:20 pm GMT

Dept. of Labor Sec. Alexander Acosta & Pedo Jeffrey Epstein, Trump's good buddy

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=alexander+acosta+and+jeffrey+epstein&d=4963420543453115&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=atU8NquknWfRGkGDW6zpYvaa_aD8SB-b

Lucy
6/22/2018 12:24 pm EST
6/22/2018 5:24 pm GMT

One of the protesters at Trump's Duluth, Minnesota, rally was holding a picture of the two of them that read "Who is Jeffery Epstein?"

This is an election year love-note to Republicans who have little idea about how governments works -- well or poorly --but who suck hard on one idea called smaller government to the exclusion of good sense.

I can imagine Trump and the stupids now in the Republican Congress wanting to do this, but they don't do things well (even their beloved tax bill needs fixing desperately); they lie a lot about the things they are doing; and they always are surprised by how "hard" things are to accomplish. The only thing that Trump and the Republicans have found easy to accomplish is destruction of American democratic norms and principles, alliances, and hope for any future that includes them.

Obama proposed to merge six major operations that focused on business and trade: Commerce Department's core business and trade functions, the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, the Small Business Administration (SBA), the Export-Import Bank, the Overseas Private Investments and the Trade and Development Agency, would save $3 billion over 10 years by eliminating expenses that include everyday overhead costs and human resources departments. Between 1,000 and 2,000 jobs would have been eliminated through attrition.

Several Republicans were immediately on board, but to no avail. Republican lawmakers refused to grant him a reorganizational power that would let him propose mergers that would save the government money. Congress stopped granting the reorganizational authority in 1984.

Merging those St. Depts. made sense, this merger makes sense only in considering the GOP's evangelical nature, it's only natural that they would refuse to eat from the Tree of Knowledge. Trump has based his whole life on avoiding that fruit.

Anonymous Coward
6/22/2018 12:44 pm EST
6/22/2018 5:44 pm GMT

>Trump did something

The left: screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeching!!!!

Elaine
6/22/2018 2:29 pm EST
6/22/2018 7:29 pm GMT

....this merger makes sense only in considering the GOP's evangelical nature, it's only natural that they would refuse to eat from the Tree of Knowledge. Trump has based his whole life on avoiding that fruit

That much is certain. Well said.
Well medicated for your protection. ॐ ♡

Anonymous Coward
6/22/2018 2:59 pm EST
6/22/2018 7:59 pm GMT

Another hair-brained scheme by this doofus. Maybe his next "initiative" will be merging two agencies that have virtually nothing in common – perhaps, for example, NASA and Agriculture. In Trump world, why not?

Anonymous Coward
6/22/2018 3:03 pm EST
6/22/2018 8:03 pm GMT

Tomato plants on mars?

Anonymous Coward
6/22/2018 3:05 pm EST
6/22/2018 8:05 pm GMT

Another hair-brained scheme by this doofus. Maybe his next "initiative" will be merging two agencies that have virtually nothing in common - perhaps, for example, NASA and Agriculture. In Trump world, why not?

*screeching intensifies*

Anonymous Coward
6/22/2018 4:10 pm EST
6/22/2018 9:10 pm GMT

Just what Republican dreams are made of: make education about labor. Get those kids into factory educations so that they become factory bound.

Anonymous Coward
6/22/2018 4:18 pm EST
6/22/2018 9:18 pm GMT

I cant read the responses their is this black star filled bar running down the right side of the page. Whoever coded this needs fired

Hey, I get that sometimes too. Always thought it my computer
glitching now I feel much better.
Are you going to tell Elaine she's fired?
smiley

Anonymous Coward
6/22/2018 4:26 pm EST
6/22/2018 9:26 pm GMT

This isn't just Trump and his gang that wants to eliminate the Dept. of Education. It is essentially the entire GOP ... the GOP absolutely hates the department because its primary mission is to ensure an educated, *informed* population. And an informed electorate is the greatest threat to all that GOP stands for!

katya
6/22/2018 4:36 pm EST
6/22/2018 9:36 pm GMT

American public schools = liberal indoctrination centers

Pocahontas would not be proud of her as her representative.

Anonymous Coward
6/22/2018 4:40 pm EST
6/22/2018 9:40 pm GMT

They obviously failed you.
smiley

Anonymous Coward
6/22/2018 6:11 pm EST
6/22/2018 11:11 pm GMT

Trump sure spends an inordinate amount of time bragging about himself and putting down perceived competitors.

He said this during his rally in Duluth. Why?

"Why are they elite? I have a much better apartment than they do. I'm smarter than they are. I'm richer than they are. I became President and they didn't."

If you needed to show an extraterrestrial one quote to explain Donald Trump, this would be the quote.

Anonymous Coward
6/23/2018 2:00 am EST
6/23/2018 7:00 am GMT

Katya talks to the walls.

And very poor walls they are.

I think it sad when such brilliant forum coding minds and their friends have become composted.

Anonymous Coward
6/23/2018 8:57 am EST
6/23/2018 1:57 pm GMT

It would be very PROFITABLE to make children work to pay for their schooling.

I think they should build the border wall out of large lego bricks and get all those caged Mexican kids to build it.
smiley

Forum

Browse

Paypal

Solar & Geomagnetic
Conditions
status
kpstatus

CURRENT MOON

ADVERTISEMENT

Kali Yantra