4:50 pm EST
9:50 pm GMT
Unemployment Stats Are A Lie Because Of How Tgey Are Calculated
"In reality this calculation is still not accurate, and on the low side, as there is currently no clear way to measure the millions of individuals who have disappeared into the abyss of the uncounted. Many of the 115 million individuals that are currently unemployed, and not counted by the BLS, would likely be more than happy to work given the opportunity. "
However, while the U-6 is a more complete picture of unemployment in the U.S. it still falls way short as it does not count those that are considered to be "Not In Labor Force." These are individuals that have been unemployed for so long that they are considered to have given up looking for work. However, while in more normal economic times this may be the case, in a "balance sheet recession" economy the actual unemployment rate becomes distorted.
THE FOLLOWING IS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS
so lets breakdown how unemployment is calculated
- those on active duty in the Armed Forces. not counted in the survey at all
- Stay at home mothers even if they are on wic food stamps housing asistance medicare medicaid count as employed
- Garrett is 16 years old, and he has no job from which he receives any pay or profit. However, Garrett does help with the regular chores around his parents' farm and spends about 20 hours each week doing so. He is counted as employe LOL
- Lisa spends most of her time taking care of her home and children, but she helps in her husband's computer software business all day Friday and Saturday. She is counted as Employed LOL
in the prior 4 weeks that the person takes the bls statistic survey if they answer yes to any one of the following they are considered employed LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL:
-Had An employer directly or having
- had a job interview
- A public or private employment agency
- Friends or relatives
- A school or university -
- Submitting resumes or filling out applications
- Placing or answering job advertisements
- Checking union or professional registers
- Some other means of active job search
Oh there so much more shady statistic calculation but you get the idea.
THEY CAN MAKE A PILE OF HORSE SHIT SMELL LIKE ROSES AND TASTE LIKE CHOCOLATE
THE NEXT TIME SOMEONE SAYS TO THAT UNEMPLOYMENT IS DOWN TELL THEM TO GO THE OFFICIAL BLS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WEBSITE TO READ UP ON HOW THEY CALCULATE UNEMPLOYMENT.
THE UNEMPLOYMENT IS SO SO MUCH HIGHER IT WILL BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF TO KNOW THE REAL NUMBER