Oklahoma Earthquakes: Oil Industry Took State from Seismic Dead Zone to Hotspot in a Decade

Elaine
2/2/2018 9:47 am EST
2/2/2018 2:47 pm GMT

Oklahoma Earthquakes: Oil Industry Took State from Seismic Dead Zone to Hotspot in a Decade

Feb 2, 2018
"There are better ways we can be doing things," says Erin Brockovich, the environmental activist portrayed in the Oscar-winning 2000 film, who has become one of the latest people to draw attention to the frequent man-made earthquakes plaguing the US state of Oklahoma.
Read More

is there fracking in your state?

Well medicated for your protection. ॐ ♡

katya
2/2/2018 11:15 am EST
2/2/2018 4:15 pm GMT

RE: Oklahoma Earthquakes: Oil Industry Took State from Seismic Dead Zone to Hotspot in a Decade

People need juice. I don't know if there is a viable answer to oil dependency.

There is no fracking by me. I'd have to move, if there was.

Pocahontas would not be proud of her as her representative.

smiley

Elaine
2/6/2018 5:08 pm EST
2/6/2018 10:08 pm GMT

RE: Oklahoma Earthquakes: Oil Industry Took State from Seismic Dead Zone to Hotspot in a Decade

I don't know if there is a viable answer to oil dependency.

I think there could be, if the gubmint boys stopped interfering with it. And people always bitch. "The solar panels on the house in my neighborhood are not aesthetically pleasing and could bring down the value of my house!" or "Those wind turbines are forcing the wee little birdies to crash into them!"

I dunno. I wouldn't mind taking a nice deep breath without diesel fumes.
Well medicated for your protection. ॐ ♡

Anonymous Coward
2/6/2018 10:16 pm EST
2/7/2018 3:16 am GMT

Solar. Wind.

Look on maps and see how big the wind farms are in west Texas. Sweetwiter. I've been on the highway with one of the blades. The base is two semis long. They are insanely huge, and they get the job done. The issue is how to transport live electricity that you can't store.

Anonymous Coward
2/6/2018 10:18 pm EST
2/7/2018 3:18 am GMT

Sweetwiter TX.

We have solar panels. Fuck the neighborhood, they don't pay your bill. There are city/county incentives and tax breaks if you want to go green. The latest estimate is that I heard is 8 years to pay for themselves. I don't think it takes that long.

Anonymous Coward
2/6/2018 10:20 pm EST
2/7/2018 3:20 am GMT

Damn auto correct.

SWEETWATER.

katya
2/8/2018 2:47 pm EST
2/8/2018 7:47 pm GMT

I wouldn't mind taking a nice deep breath without diesel fumes.

Poor Elaine! I feel very blessed having a well & forested land.
Pocahontas would not be proud of her as her representative.

CS
2/15/2018 4:50 pm EST
2/15/2018 9:50 pm GMT

Well, not a dead zone. There are some fault lines in OK, and historically has experienced earthquake swarms during times of a worldwide uptick in seismic activity (like we are currently experiencing). But nothing to this degree. But most geologists agree, wastewater disposal wells are contributing to the effect.

Forum

Browse

Paypal

ADVERTISEMENT

Solar & Geomagnetic
Conditions
status
kpstatus

CURRENT MOON

ADVERTISEMENT

Kali Yantra